Lewis Hamilton is a celebrated British racing driver in Formula 1 who impressed everyone with his talent. He has become the highest-paid driver in Formula 1, and not only that, but Lewis is also The Highest paid British sportsman.
If Lewis didn’t believe in himself and followed his passion, he might not be as popular as he is. And to make his story even better, his parents always supported him, and all these positive beliefs made him one of the top athletes and rich, so find out how the wealthy racer likes to spend his money.
Lewis Hamilton’s key facts
● Lewis Hamilton made around $57 million from Mercedes alone.
● In 2022, Lewis Hamilton earned 17th position in 2022 World’s Highest-Paid Athletes’ Earnings($65 million).
● His yearly salary is more than $50 million
● Lewis Hamilton is the first and, till now, the only black driver to participate in Formula 1.
|Real name Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton|
|Celebrated Name Lewis Hamilton|
|Birthplace Stevenage, England, United Kingdom|
|Date of birth January 07, 1985|
|Age 37 years|
|Height 5ft 7½in|
|Weight 69 kg|
|Hair Balck Eye color Dark brown Parents Anthony Hamilton( Father) Carmen Larbalestier (Mother) Siblings Nicola Lockhart, Samantha Lockhart (Half-Sisters), Nicolas Hamilton (Younger Half-Brother) Religion Roman Catholic Nationality American|
|Marital status In a relationship|
|Wife Florence Mueller ( not sure)|
Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton was born in Stevenage, England, in 1985, on January 7. His father is Anthony Hamilton’s mother, Carmen Larbalestier. When Lewis was little, around two years old, his parents slipped, and he started living with his mother and two half-sisters, Samantha and Nicola Lockhart. He was of mixed race in the ethnicity category with a black father and white mother.
Lewis was so obsessed with cars that he always asked for a Go-kart on Christmas; his father was in a treat, but she always tried to support Lewis. When Lewis was around five years old, his father bought him a radio-controlled car, and he competed in the BRCA championship and won the second position.
Then when Lewis was 12 years old, he moved back with his father and stepmother Linda. And later, he welcomed a half-brother named Nicholas, but when he was little, he was diagnosed with cerebral palsy.
Lewis Hamilton studied in The John Henry Newman School and later at England Internationa, where he played football, cricket, etc. To support Lewis’s dreams, his father used to work four jobs and take part plus winning championships. And that’s you. Lewis’s career started at a very young age. And during that, in 2001, he joined Cambridge Arts and science.
Lewis Hamilton’s career & awards
Early Racing Career
Lewis Hamilton started kart racing in 1993, and by age 10, Lewis became the youngest driver to win the British cadet karting. Lewis continued to succeed in his career and achieved one milestone after another. In 2000 he became the top-ranked European Champion.
Then, he teamed up with Nico Rosberg in Formula A and Formula Super A. After that, Lewis participated in Formula Renault and Formula Three, and later, as he was doing so great in his career in 2006, he got into the GP2 championship and won it.
A career in Formula One
Lewis Hamilton first started his racing journey with McLaren. He was partnered with Fernando Alonso. In the Formula one 2007 season, Lewis finished as runner-up to Kimi Raikkonen.
After that, due to various incidents, McLaren and Alonso ended their contract, and Lewis signed a multi-million-pound contract to stay with the McLaren team until 2012.
After that, in 2008, Hamilton had a great victory in his early journey in Formula 1. He became the youngest Formula 1 World Champion in History that year and the first British driver to win the trophy after Damon Hill in 1996.
Then in 2010, Lewis Hamilton started working with his new teammate Jenson Button. But he didn’t win because Lewis was out of form. Then later, in 2012, he achieved four Race-wins.
In 2013, Hamilton signed a deal with Mercedes and reunited with his childhood teammate Nico Rosberg. And after joining Mercedes, Lewis’s luck turned for good. First, he won Hungarian Grand Prix, leaving Kimi Raikkonen in second place.
After the regulation changed to the turbo-hybrid engine in 2014, Mercedes got 16 wins out of 19, and 11 came from Hamilton. And at this same time, he picked the number 44 that he uses for almost everything. In 2015, for the third time, Hamilton won the World Champion title. And Mercedes signed a £100 million ($200 million) with him to extend his contract for another three years.
In 2017, Lewis was partnered with Valtteri Bottas; in that season, Lewis and Valtteri’s rivalry went serious, as Valtteri teased Lewis during a Safety car period. But Lewis didn’t let them get into his head and won the World Champion title.
Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas continued their rivery in 2018, two four-time WC winners fighting for the 5th title. Hamilton won the World Champion for the fifth time. After that, Hamilton also won the titles of WC in 2019 and 2020. And despite having a fast car, Valtteri made an On-track mistake.
In the season of 2021, Lewis and Red Bulls Max Verstappen become excellent competition, leaving no gaps for winning. Still, Max overtook Lewis in Abu Dhabi and won the World Champion 2021 title. And in 2022, for now, Lewis Hamilton is partnered with George Russell.
Lewis Hamilton’s other income
Lewis not only makes money from his Formula 1 career, but he also has many other ways of earning millions as well. And to manage those sources, Lewis even has a management company named Project 44 to handle all his business.
As Lewis Hamilton is trying to live a greener life, he invested millions of dollars in buying a share in ‘Neat burger,’ a vegan fast food restaurant.
After that, he invested his fortune in NotCo, a company that creates vegan plant-based foods using artificial intelligence. NotCo became so popular that currently, the company costs more than $1 billion.
He also invested in ‘Athletic Greens,’ a supplement brand for a healthier lifestyle. He thinks about the environment very much, and you should do that too.
Lewis not only invested his money in consumable things but also became a part of the automobile business. He founded X-44, his racing team that competes in the category of the off-road electric car.
Lewis loves to help people like many of you also love to do. To help people in need, Hamilton created Mission 44; through this organization, he helped youth from minority groups in the UK. And he even donated £22 million ( $25.5 million).
Lewis Hamilton’s talent attracts many big brands, leading to many endorsements Lewis used to have in the past or is still a part of them.
Lewis Hamilton sponsored companies like Mercedes, Tommy Hilfiger, Puma, L’oreal, Police, LG, etc.
Lewis Hamilton’s personal life
Lewis Hamilton has quite an active love life,
● He first dated Danielle Lloyd in 2002, but their love story ended after six months of dating,
● After that, Lewis dated Jodia Ma from 2003 to 2007.
● Then, in 2007, it was rumored that Lewis was dating Nicole Scherzinger.
● Later, Lewis Hamilton is also seen with Rihanna, even though there is no accurate information on whether they were dating or not.
● In 2015, Lewis Hamilton and Veronica Valle were in a romantic relationship but split up after three months.
● In 2016, Rita Ora and Lewis were seen together in various places, even on luxury holidays.
● After that also, in 2016, Lewis Hamilton was seen with Barbara Palvin.
● Lewis Hamilton was linked with a Kardashian, Kendall Jenner.
● In late 2016, Lewis Hamilton dated Winnie Harlow, the famous model, but it’s unknown when they split up.
● In 2017, Lewis Hamilton was seen with Sofia Richie.
● Lewis dated Nicki Minaj in 2018, even though they shared pictures of each other on social media but never officially announced it.
After that, it is unknown to the media industry whom Lewis Hamilton is dating or seen with.
Lewis Hamilton’s net worth
Lewis Hamilton’s net worth is around £400 million (in Pound), which is $300 million ( in the US. Dollar)
|Name Lewis Hamilton|
|Profession Racing driver|
|Net worth (2022) $285 million|
|Assets and investments $130 million|
|Cars owned 12+|
Lewis Hamilton’s net worth summary
Lewis Hamilton’s assets
The F1 star loves to buy luxurious properties. Hence he owns various real estate in multiple places.
One of Lewis’s luxurious residences is situated in Kensington West, London. This fantastic mansion includes six luxurious bedrooms, two bathrooms, four reception areas, a huge kitchen, etc. And on the outside, there is a beautiful lawn. Lewis bought this home in 2017, and to buy this mansion, Lewis paid around $25 million.
Lewis also owns a $15 million property in Monaco. He holds an apartment in the 27th-floor building; in his apartment, there are five bedrooms, four bathrooms, etc. It also has a 300 sq. ft sun terrace, steam room, a full-sized gym, a vast swimming pool, and many other things.
In 2019, he invested around $43 million in the Manhattan penthouse. The 6547 sq. ft condo has enormous master suites with a great view of the Hudson river. The kitchen is significant; it has its living area near a huge window, wine cellar, gym, swimming pool, and many more exciting things.
Lewis Hamilton owns an apartment in Geneva, Switzerland. It’s a six-story building situated in Linus village. It has two big bedrooms with a great view of Geneva lake, a beautiful living room, a message bathroom, a gym, and many other things.
He bought an apartment in 2017, located in Manhattan, for around $44 million. But in 2021, he sold that property for $49.5 million. This three-story apartment is based on a 12,000 sq. ft living area. This mansion of Lewis has six bedrooms, six bathrooms, a private elevator, a 20ft tall ceiling, a vast swimming pool, gym, lounge area, and many other things.
Lewis Hamilton’s cars
Being the most famous and one of the most successful Formula One car racers, he has good taste in cars and a breathtaking car collection. And as you are here to know about his lifestyle and net worth, it’s incomplete without knowing about his car collection. So let’s find out what is inside Lewis Hamilton’s garage.
● 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 that cost him around $200,000
● Mercedes EQS that cost around $120,000
● Mercedes Maybach S600, for which he paid around $185,000
● Mercedes AMG G63, valued at around $160,000
● Mercedes Benz AMG GTR cost about $265,000
● Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, this gorgeous car cost him around $250,000 ● Mercedes AMG Project One cost a whopping $2.7 million
● Mercedes Maybach 6 this car is one of the costliest in his collection, with a value of $2 million
● Ferrari 599 GTO, valued at around $700,000
● LaFerrari, price is about $1.2 million
● McLaren P1 that cost a solid $1 million
● Pagani Zonda 760 LH, this piece of beauty, cost Lewis Hamilton around $2.6 million ● The Shelby 427 Cobra, the highest valued car in his collection, cost around $5 million. Etc.
It seems like Lewis Hamilton is obsessed with Mercedes, and why won’t he? Lewis has been working with Mercedes for many years, and in his car collection, there are a few cars he didn’t pay a penny for.
Lewis Hamilton Watch
Hamilton has an exotic taste in fashion. He loves to style himself with expensive and luxurious watches complimenting his dress. So let’s look into the Lewis Hamilton Watch Collection.
● IWC Perpetual Calendar that cost around $32,000
● IWC Lewis Hamilton “Black Lives Matter” Certanium valued around $35,000
● IWC Big Pilot’s Watch Top Gun Mojave Desert the value of this watch is around $35,000
● IWC Big Pilot’s Watch cost about $30,000
● IWC Big Pilot’s Saint Exupéry this watch is valued at around $32,000
● IWC Pilot’s Watch Chronograph 41, this attractive stainless steel price approx $15,000
● Rolex Cosmograph Daytona valued at $50,000
● Patek Philippe Nautilus 40mm priced around $258,000
As the new face of IWC from 2021, Lewis Hamilton owns various IWC watches in his collection. Lewis Hamilton’s Other Investments
As his car collection and real estate are not enough, Hamilton owns a private jet to travel worldwide. His aircraft is an astonishing red Bombardier Challenger 605 model. It is a business Jet that can easily travel from one continent to another. To buy this jet probably cost him around $25 million to $35 million, but Lewis decided to sell out his jet very soon.
Lewis Hamilton’s net worth growth
|Net worth in 2018 was $120 million|
|Net worth in 2019 was $150 million|
|Net worth in 2020 was $190 million|
|Net worth in 2021 was $230 million|
|Net worth in 2022 is $285 million|
Being different never stopped Lewis from pursuing his dreams, and he thought himself confident and disciplined. He respected what his father had done for him and never let his parents down. So, staying confident, focused, and disciplined is essential, or you can also define it as the first step to achieving your aim.
Frequently asked questions
● What is the net worth of Lewis Hamilton?
Lewis Hamilton’s net worth is around $285 million, and soon it will reach $300 million.
● How many times has Lewis Hamilton won World Champion in Formula 1? Lewis Hamilton won the World Champion 7 times in 2008, 2014,2015,2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.